What is WordPress?
WordPress is a content management system (CMS) for websites. Originally built as a blogging platform, WordPress quickly became a powerhouse with an ability to manage an entire website’s content. As an award winning CMS, WordPress is used by more than 18% of all websites online.
Who uses WordPress?
Photographers, local governments, construction companies, retailers, bloggers, news agencies, advertisement agencies, and just about any type of site you wish to run. The reason so many people use WordPress is because it is 1) easy to use and, 2) very easy to add functionality to. WordPress is widely supported and easy to develop for. Therefore, custom builds are typically lower cost and more reliable than other options available on the market. Plugins are “add ons” to your website where you can add calendars, event registration, newsletter signup, extra text, user sign-in, and again; basically anything you can think of. If you can’t find it, it can be developed. That is power and functionality all rolled up to give you one dependable platform. Here is a list of some companies that use WordPress to manage their websites.
- Denver County Courts – This website manages all of Denver Colorado’s legal system information from A-Z.
- Gravity Forms – A software development company for the WordPress platform. They make a plugin that makes building forms and managing data submissions from those forms as easy as 1,2,3. They offer support, online purchases, user account signup and much more.
- Jump Visual – A photography website that uses galleries to showcase different types of photography as well as a blog to keep users up-to-date with current events.
- Time Magazine – We are all very familiar with Time. A very well established magazine that can be found in grocery stores all over America. Time covers World news and current events.
- Evolve Edits – A photographer website that is driven by user registration. This site allows photographers to upload images to be edited. There are many services offered on a variety of membership levels and pricing plans. All payments are accepted through the website as well as user administration and management.
- General Motors(GM) – A fortune 500 company and auto industry giant.
Mr. WPress Portfolio
Get a Quote