The Perks of Website Themes and Professional Appearance
Don’t blend in with the crowd – get a custom theme!
A custom WordPress theme can help make your site stand out from the rest. Incorporate a custom design from a web designer so that you get the exact look, feel, and functionality you want. When you get a custom theme from Mr. WPress you are getting a clean and lightweight skin for your WordPress website. All of our developments are validated with the W3C Validator tool and they all go through page speed testing. The attention to detail we put into our work is second to none and we guarantee it. We know the importance of custom themes – they can can help make your website stand out from the rest.
Explore the tools a custom theme provides
- Custom sidebars – Sidebars are custom built for your theme to match your design so that you can easily maintain them. Our custom themes allow for the administrator to set a custom sidebar for a specific page as well. This can be useful for a custom page that you want to display some slightly different content for in the sidebar.
- Custom Post Types – By default, WordPress comes with one post type, the blog posts. We can add as many post types and hook them up to their own archives. For example, you may be a photographer and want to have a completely different feed for photography posts. You would want to keep them separate from your blog feed because they would use different categories and would need their very own archive. This helps keep things tidy and your website easy to maintain.
- Custom Menus – Custom menus allow you to have full control of what pages you want to add to which menu, and even where you want that menu to be on your site. Mr. WPress uses a primary navigation in our header where we host all of our services and drop downs.
- Featured Images – WordPress has a feature called “featured image” or otherwise known as the post thumbnail. The best example of a featured image would be a blog post where you set a featured image. Then on the blog feed page, the featured image for each blog post would show up next to the title of the post. Essentially, this creates a nice little thumbnail for each blog listing. Want to see it in action? The Mr. WPress blog uses featured images.
- Hand Picked Plugins – We use a few different plugins right out of the gate to help facilitate our powerful themes. One of those plugins is the Yoast SEO plugin. This plugin allows you to optimize each page of your theme, giving you the power to fine tune your content. We also use the Google Analytics by Yoast plugin. This plugin helps easily integrate your Google Analytics code so that you can monitor your website’s behavior. WPSmushIt is another plugin we use which compresses images you upload. This dramatically helps with page load times. And finally, we use the W3 Total Cache plugin, which is used on an enterprise level and drives site performance.
A custom website theme can benefit any website
Having a custom theme helps you showcase your business or product in the most effective way possible. While many default themes are easy to adapt and pleasant enough, they simply aren’t customized to your exact needs. A custom website theme also helps you stand out from the competition, as opposed to a default theme where it can be easy to unintentionally blend in.
Already have a theme, and just want some extra functionality? No problem. No job is too small! We take the same amount of pride in each project. Making a custom WordPress website from a Photoshop document (PSD) or Adobe Illustrator (AI) is one of Mr. WPress’s strong suits. Learn more about custom WordPress theme development, and reach out today for your free quote on any size of project.